How do I turn on my Wireless Connection on my Laptop?
By default, the wireless card on your computer may not be powered on when you turn on your laptop.
To make sure it's enabled: Press the "Function" (Orange FN key, bottom left on keyboard) and F10 key simultaneously until the blue wireless light under the trackpad of your laptop turns on and remains lit.
From here, your computer should be able to scan for available wireless networks.
Continue on to "How do I setup a wireless connection with my laptop.
How do I setup a wireless internet connection with my laptop?
Setting up wireless on your Ohava Laptop is a straightforward process. Follow the steps outlined below to connect to your wireless router.
1. Ensure your wireless card is turned on, see above for help.
2. On the top panel of your desktop, left-click on the NetworkManager icon to display the list of networks.
3. Select your SSID (network name) from the dropdown list.
4. You may be required to enter in the security key or password. Type in the security key and click "Connect."
5. You should now be connected to your wireless network.
How do I use my built-in webcam on my laptop?
Your Ohava laptop is equiped with a built-in web cam and microphone that you can use to make audio recordings or for video chat with friends.
Follow the steps below:
Make sure that your webcam is turned on, it may not be turned on by default. Press the "Function" (Orange FN key, bottom-left on keyboard) and F11 keys simultaneously to turn on the device.
Open the video chat application you are trying to use such as Ekiga to test.
In Ekiga, go to Edit/Preferences. On the left hand menu go to Video/Devices and click the button "Detect devices." It should open up a new window and enable your webcam. At this point you should be able to see yourself. If you do not see your webcam functioning press the "Function" and F11 keys and then click "Detect devices" again.
You are now ready to use your webcam in whichever application you want.
How do I plug my laptop into my TV using the HDMI Port to watch a movie?
Your Ohava laptop may be equipped with an HDMI port for use with an external monitor or TV set. Follow the outlined steps to use your TV with your laptop:
1. Make sure the HDMI cable is plugged into your TV, taking note of which connector number the HDMI cable is plugged into on your TV or monitor.
2. Make sure the TV is set to the proper input device. This should be HDMI 1, 2, etc. Your system should automatically detect and begin using the secondary display at this point. For configuration options continue with step 3, if none required, go to step 5.
3. Configure the secondary display: On your computer go to: System/Preferences to open the monitor preferences dialogue window.
4. From here, you can adjust your TV or secondary monitor for the proper resolution and settings. If you are using an HD Television, click on the picture that represents your TV in the Monitor Preferences dialogue window and make sure that it's resolution is set to 1920x1080 for TVs capable of viewing that resolution. Click "Apply" and accept the changes.
5. Make sure your audio is set to use HDMI as the output device by going to: System/Preferences/Sound which will open the Sound Preferences dialogue box. Click the "Hardware" tab and under "Profile" select, "HDMI Output"
6. Use your favorite video application such as Movie Player or VLC to open your movie and enjoy.
Can I add a graphics card to my desktop?
Yes. Call an Ohava Specialist so we can make sure to get you the proper type for your desktop.
Can I upgrade the memory in my Laptop or Desktop?
Yes. Call an Ohava Specialist to make sure you get the proper type of memory, or simply purchase it from us.